Apr 28, 2017
I can vividly remember my very first year as a gardener
desperately searching for gardening resources and podcasts. Sadly I
didn't find many that helped me at the most basic level I
needed. But there was one I listened to faithfully, and that was
the Pioneering Today
Podcast by Melissa K. Norris.
After connecting online four years ago, I consider Melissa a
friend, and I'm thrilled to share our conversation with you
This episode is full of great tips and ideas for gardeners of
all skill levels and you'll want to make a point to listen from
beginning until the end. But in case you're short on time today and
want to catch the highlights, here is where we talk specific
- 13:53 - Don't miss the story of Melissa's "famous" pole beans.
We talk for over 10 minutes just on growing beans!
- 18:15 - tips to make your green beans more tasty when you
- 21:08 - what is happening when your beans suddenly stop
producing in the summer
- 22:12 - will different varieties of beans cross-pollinate? And
when it matters.
- 27:00 - Find out how Melissa keeps pests and weeds under
control in her natural garden without using insecticides and
- 30:00 - how she deals with slugs
- 31:00 - her trick to eradicate unwanted weeds
- 35:00 - Listen to Melissa's answers to the most common garden
questions she receives:
- Where do I start?
- What if I don't have enough land for a garden?
- 37:25 - If Melissa had to choose only 3 crops to grow in her
garden, which would they be?
- 39:45 - Discover what Melissa has found to be the most common
misconception in home gardening
And those are just the highlights! You won't want to miss a
single word Melissa shares today.
Check out the resources mentioned in the podcast at